Public Relations Account Executive
Thomas/Boyd Communications (TBC) is an award-winning public relations and marketing agency sought after to create memorable strategic, exciting and effective communications campaigns that drive growth and awareness for business, government and nonprofit clients. For more than two decades, our reputation for excellence, coupled with our market-place presence and diverse, highly recognizable client list, have made TBC a trusted and respected leader in the industry.
TBC is looking to hire an account executive with strong written and verbal communication skills and a thorough appreciation and understanding of the importance of digital marketing to join our fast-growing team. This position reports to and works with senior staff members and includes direct client interaction. The applicant should be highly motivated, enjoy a fast-paced and deadline-driven work environment, be a strategic thinker and be willing to do whatever it takes to move client goals and objectives forward. Realizing that many good and creative ideas come from interaction and meeting with others, the position is hybrid, offering a combination of in-person and virtual participation, in keeping with state and federal safety guidelines.
- Act as a point of contact for clients
- Manage a variety of projects – coordinate tasks, maintain status reports, and manage expectations of deliverables
- Write news releases, media advisories, feature stories, client testimonials, blog posts, web copy, social media content
- Develop and maintain relationships with members of the media, pitch and disseminate material to appropriate targets to ensure favorable coverage
- Assist with media interviews, special events and press conferences
- Monitor client industry trends to identify and create story ideas that generate media coverage
- Manage the creation of ads, brochures, annual reports and other projects
- Create and post content for websites, social media channels and e-newsletters
- Supervise and collaborate with staff members and interns, as needed
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communications or related field
- Minimum two years of related experience
- Strong writing, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Success in designing and/or maintaining digital media channels/platforms
- Proficiency in the use of content management systems, social media platforms and
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Interest in public policy
- Interest and experience in working with the media
- A comprehensive benefits package including paid time off and paid holidays, healthcare (medical, dental, vision), hybrid work environment (WFH flexibility), flexible Friday schedule and 401K
COVID-19 policy: To ensure a safe working environment for staff, customers and visitors, TBC strongly recommends that employees be vaccinated and for those who aren’t undergo weekly testing.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and two writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in an Internship?
Interns are considered a valuable part of our team. As an intern at Thomas/Boyd, you will have the opportunity to work one-on-one with members of our award-winning staff and gain practical PR experience to help prepare you for a career in the industry.
Interested in applying? Send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com. The most qualified applicants will be called to schedule an interview.
Qualifications and Responsibilities of a Thomas/Boyd Intern:
- College student majoring in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or a related field
- Able to travel to our office in Moorestown, NJ
- Available to work up to 15 hours a week
- Compiling specialized media lists/reports (media database software training will be provided)
- Assisting with writing news releases, calendar listings, media alerts, etc.
- Conducting Internet research for clients
- Participating in strategic brainstorming sessions and internal meetings for clients
- Assisting with Facebook, twitter and social media
Applicants are Expected to be Proficient In:
- Microsoft Word
- E-mail applications
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Social Media Platforms
Benefits of a Thomas/Boyd Internship:
- Travel stipend or college credits
- Direct involvement with client work
- Hands-on experience to develop skills